What’s the Strangest Thing You’ve Been Asked During a Job Interview?
You always hear stories about companies asking people crazy questions during job interviews to see how they think on their feet.I think that when I applied here, the manager at the time asked me something about aliens. Well, no, not the first interview, it was the interview to decide if I should be full time in the news department. It was something like, if an alien landed in Sedalia, what would you do to cover the story? I don't really remember. It was ages ago, really. And can you imagine ME being a reporter? It was a dark time. Anyway.
There's a discussion on Reddit.com right now about the strangest questions people have been asked during a job interview. Here are some of the ones I liked.
1. "Have you ever done sugar . . . or PCP?"
2. "Can you explain why we gave you an interview? Based on your resume you seem very unqualified to work here."
3. "If we came over for dinner, what would you make?"
4. "What do you think are some of MY faults?"
5. "Are you okay working with people who drink?"
6. "Why would you work for us when you'll clearly have better offers?"
7. "How many pencils can you fit in your mouth?"
8. "If you saw a car driving toward a group of kids that would definitely kill them and could push one obese man in the way instead to kill him, would you do it?"
Ah, Reddit, I love you. I even love when people take Reddit stories and put them up on YouTube. I swear, I will watch those things all dang day. People are the best sometimes, you know? Now I wonder how many pencils I can fit in my mouth.
What's something weird you've been asked at a job interview? What did you say?