Things To Look Forward To In May
So today is May 1st! Believe it or not, there's more to May than Mother's Day and Cinco De Mayo, and I'm here to tell you about it.
1. The Billboard Music Awards are TONIGHT on NBC. Kelly Clarkson for the second straight year. Performers include Taylor Swift, Madonna, and Ariana Grande.... oh, and a little group called BTS. Not that I'm excited for that at all. They're also up for two awards: Best Social Artist and Best Duo/Group. I won't be able to watch it tonight, though, I go to bed early. You know I'll be on the internet tomorrow to see what happened, though.
2. Another royal baby is on the way. Meghan Markle is due any day now.
3. The last three installments of "Game of Thrones" air this month, including the finale on May 19th. Also, the final episode of"Veep" happens May 12th . . . and the last episode of "The Big Bang Theory" airs May 16th.
4. A few big movies hit later this month: The live-action "Aladdin" with Will Smith in blue-face opens May 24th. Then the new Godzilla movie and the Elton John biopic "Rocketman" both come out on May 31st. Husbando is a pretty big Elton fan, so he's pretty excited for that one.
5. And finally, the holidays: Memorial Day is May 27th. It's the first federal holiday since mid-February. So hopefully you have a three-day weekend coming up. Also . . .
. . . Cinco de Mayo is this Sunday.
. . . Mother's Day is May 12th.
. . . National Wine Day is May 25th.
. . . And National Hamburger Day is May 28th.
......And BTS play Soldier Field in Chicago on May 11th. NBD.
What are you looking forward to in May?