The other I was baking myself a pork tenderloin in the oven. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary preparing it, and I was watching football when all of a sudden I hear this loud noise from the oven and a big clatter. I go open the oven door and see that my glass baking dish had exploded into about a thousand pieces. Luckily it happened while it was in the oven and I wasn't hurt.

What I think happened was that my house is too cold. It's fairly common knowledge that you don't put glass from the fridge right into the oven, the sudden temperature change will shatter the glass. Well, I keep my house pretty chilly, and it must have been even colder in my cupboard where I kept my baking dish, because that was one hell of an explosion. Or maybe it was just a bad dish, or just one of those freak things. Who knows.

After I got over the initial shock, it was actually pretty funny. Plus, I have a good story to share. How about you? Have you ever had a cooking disaster? Whether it was something catching on fire, breaking, or just turning out really terribly, share your story with us in our survey below!