Chocolate Shamrock Shakes Are Coming, What A Time To Be Alive
I love mint. I love chocolate. Put them together? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.Okay, so maybe I'm being a LITTLE obsessive.
People already tend to go a little CRAZY for McDonald's Shamrock Shake, especially considering it's really just a vanilla shake with a little radioactive green mint flavoring added. So this news is going to make heads EXPLODE.
This year, McDonald's won't just be selling the standard Shamrock Shake . . . they're also doing a CHOCOLATE Shamrock Shake.
They make it by filling the bottom half of the cup with chocolate milkshake and the top half with the shamrock. Then they put whipped cream, green sugar crystals, and a little chocolate syrup on top.
According to Brand Eating, McDonald’s will make a few other changes too:
– Original Shamrock Shake – A blend of vanilla soft serve and mint-flavored Shamrock Shake syrup. New this year is a sprinkle of green sugar crystals to go with the standard whipped topping and maraschino cherry.
– New Chocolate Shamrock Shake – A layered shake with chocolate shake on the bottom and Shamrock Shake on top. It comes topped with whipped topping, green sugar crystals, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
– New Shamrock Chocolate Chip Frappe – A Chocolate Chip Frappe (mocha frappe base and ice) blended with Shamrock Shake syrup and finished with whipped topping, green sugar crystals, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
– New Shamrock Hot Chocolate – A hot chocolate (steamed milk and chocolate syrup) with Shamrock Shake syrup
– New Shamrock Mocha – A mocha (chocolate syrup, espresso, and steamed milk) with Shamrock Shake syrup.
Some McDonald's locations are already starting to get the Shamrock Shakes in stock . . . a solid six-plus weeks before St. Patrick's Day. You can check out ShamrockShake.com to find out where you can get them.