What You Need to Know About COVID-19
Pettis County Health Center, Johnson County Public Health Services, The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention all are providing similar information and recommendations regarding COVID-19. The information in this article has been sourced from the above sites.
Everyone should be taking everyday preventative actions that are always recommended to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. These actions include:
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, avoid close contact with others as much as possible.
- Stay home if you're sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth if you sneeze or cough. Avoid touching your face, especially your nose, mouth and eyes with unwashed hands; germs spread this way.
- Clean and sanitize objects and surfaces that may be contaminated with germs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitzer with at least 60% alcohol.
If you feel sick with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, and have traveled to China or were in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the 14 days before you began to feel sick, seek medical care. Before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
The State of Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services has set up a hotline for for citizens and providers needing guidance regarding the coronavirus. This hotline is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by medical professionals. The hotline number is 877-435-8411.
There are a number of agency websites providing more information on the coronavirus outbreak:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Pettis County Health Center
- Johnson County Public Health Services
- The Missouri Department of Public Health & Senior Services
- Bothwell Regional Health Center
- Western Missouri Medical Center
- Fitzgibbon Hospital
- MU Health
- Boone Hospital Center
As a news source for many communities in West Central Missouri including Sedalia, Knob Noster, and Warrensburg. We will be providing relevant updates about the coronavirus that effect West Central Missouri and the surrounding region on Kix 105.7, Awesome 92.3, and 1050 KSIS. Additionally news and information will be available on our station websites.