Regional Cancellations and Rescheduled Events
There have been many events in our region and across Missouri that have been cancelled or rescheduled due to efforts to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. We have put together the following list to outline these cancellations, rescheduled events, and the different policies some institutions like universities and the Missouri Veteran's Home in Warrensburg are implementing in an effort to keep customers, performers, staff, employees, residents and the public safe.
If you have an event or public gathering that is being cancelled or rescheduled and would like to be added to this list please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also consider adding other information that we believe fits the spirit of this list and it will be updated regularly.
Local Closures / Suspended / Rescheduled Events / Information
- Catholic Diocese of Jefferson City: Seniors over 60, people with compromised immune systems, and those who are ill are excused of the obligation of attending mass.
- City of Clinton: Community center complex closed. Parks and Rec programs cancelled until further notice.
- Johnson County Sheriff: Inmate visitations suspended, No walk in CCW renewals until further notice.
- Missouri Veterans Home / Warrensburg, restrictions on visitors, vendors, and volunteers until further notice.
- Missouri Veterans Home/Warrensburg, Runway Show, March 13, cancelled.
- Mizzou Arena: Jason Aldean concert, March 13. Rescheduled for August 7.
- Sedalia Center Celtic Festival & Highland Games, cancelled.
- Sedalia School District 200: All district activities postponed until at least March 23.
- Sedalia Senior Center closed until March 31. Meals to home-bound will still be delivered.
- Shelter Insurance: Employees at it's Columbia headquarters who can work from home are encouraged to do so.
- State Fair Community College: Spring break March 16 - March 20, all on-ground and online classes suspended March 23 - March 27. Classes resume March 30.
- University of Missouri. Classes suspended through Sunday March 15, except for online classes which will continue as scheduled. During the week of March 16-20 classes will be held remotely. In person classes are planned to resume on Monday March 30.
- University of Central Missouri. Students advised to bring school books, class material and laptops home for spring break. No decision has been made on post spring break classes.
- Veterans Assistance League appreciation banquet scheduled for April 4. Will be rescheduled at a later date. New date will be announced via Facebook and invitations.
- Warrensburg School District: Adventure Club Spring Break Programming, March 16-March 20, cancelled.
- Warrensburg Senior Center closed until March 31.
Regional Closures / Suspended / Rescheduled Events / Information
- Fox Theatre in St. Louis, all events cancelled through the end of March.
- Kansas City Comets Arena Soccer, remainder of season cancelled.
- Kansas City St. Patrick's Day Parade cancelled.
- Kansas City University transitioning to online learning after spring break through at least March 31.
- Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, all events paused through at least April 1.
- Lee's Summit Emerald Isle Parade cancelled.
- Missouri Department of Corrections: Inmate visitation suspended for 30 days. Attorney consultations to be scheduled through the warden's office at each facility.
- Planet Comicon Kansas City event, postponed, new late summer or early fall dates to be announced.
- Silver Dollar City delaying opening of season until at least March 28.
- Six Flags St. Louis: Suspending operations until the end of March.
- Sporting Kansas City Soccer Matches suspended.
- Sprint Center: Cher concert, April 18, rescheduled for October 2.
- Sprint Center: Zac Brown Band, April 16, rescheduled date TBA.
- Sprint Center: Disney on Ice Road Trip Adventures, March 26-March 29 cancelled. Refunds available. See Sprint Center website for more info.
- St. Louis Cardinals & Kansas City Royals Baseball. Spring training games cancelled, regular season delayed at least two weeks.
- St. Louis Science Center closed until at least March 31.
- Truman State University in person classes cancelled the week of March 16.
- University of Kansas in person classes delayed until March 23.
- University of Missouri Kansas City online learning begins March 16