There Are Some Things That People From Sedalia Will Never Say
I think you know where I'm going with this.
Sedalia is an unusual beast. We talk a little differently, we have our own way of doing things. And admittedly, some things have changed over the course of the last year or so. But what hasn't changed is our love for some things and our distaste for others. I'm not mocking anybody or trying to put anybody down. It's all in good fun, you know.
But, as a lifelong Sedalian, I can tell you that we probably aren't going to say any of these things.
1. "Fair traffic? I love it! Everyone follows all the rules of the road, it's nice to see."
2. "I'm not interested in any drama or gossip on the internet."
3. "I don't have any idea what my neighbor does in his backyard."
4. "That's funny, I've never seen shoes on a power line before."
5. "I prefer to eat at home, I've never had any good restaurant food."
6. "I've never seen anybody be stubborn for no reason."
7. "The Chiefs? Never heard of em!"
8. "I'm not interested in reading crime reports of people here in town. I don't care who got arrested this week."
I KID. You know what, though, I really haven't heard anybody say those things, so maybe it's not so strange to say. Although I do try to keep things kinda positive when I'm writing these things, you know how it is.
What would you add to the list? Keep in mind I'm not really being serious here, people.