Old Drum and Friends Animal Shelter Giving Opportunities
The holidays are quickly approaching. And as the holidays approach many of us are looking for worthy causes to help. I have some ways you can help Old Drum & Friends Animal Shelter in Warrensburg.
First, they need stuff. Lots of stuff to help keep the shelter clean and sanitized for their furry family. So what do they need:
- Liquid Laundry Soap (any brand)
- 123 gallon white trash bags with drawstrings
- Disinfectant wipes.
Then there's the things they need for their furry family:
- Kong brand dog toys. (They're a little more spendy, but they last. I know from experience.)
- Dog collars and leashes.
- Cat collars
- Frontline flea and tick control for dogs and cats.
- Pedigree canned dog food (any flavor).
- Flea collars for dogs and cats
- Cat and Dog treats (any kind of cat treats, dog treats preferably biscuits.)
- Triple antibiotic ointment in a tube (any kind.)
And of course some things for the staff and volunteers:
- Air freshener cones
- 1 Gallon drinking water jugs
- Large totes with lids
Additionally the shelter is looking for Christmas wrapping paper for their wrapping service, which will be happening at the 121 Farmhouse Kitchen Christmas open house from 5 to 9 on Friday November 20 and Saturday November 21. They'll be accepting wrapping paper donations through this Friday.
Finally have you ever thought of giving the gift of yourself or your family to the animal shelter? They have opportunities for people 18 and over to volunteer at the shelter. And they're looking for people who are interested in fostering animals in the shelter's care. You can sign up to volunteer here. And sign up to foster here.
One of the best gifts you can give to one of the animals in the care of Old Drum & Friends Animal Shelter is giving one of their animals their fur-ever home. Pets can bring so much to your life, and in their hearts they've hit the lottery when you give them a wonderful home full of love. Their adoption application is here.
If you want to keep up with what's going on at the shelter like their Facebook page here.