Five Summer Habits You Should Continue to Do All Year
You know, with all this white stuff in my yard, I'm starting to think summer might be over. Just kidding, I know what time of year it is. But here are five habits you should keep up into the fall and season, and ideally all year long . . .
1. Use sunscreen. The sun's rays are strongest during the summer months, but your skin is still exposed no matter what season it is.
2. Wear sunglasses. Just like you protect your skin during the summer, you need to protect your eyes too. Not wearing sunglasses can put you at risk for cataracts, macular degeneration, and even eyelid cancer.
3. Stock up on in-season produce. Eating seasonal fruits and veggies means your produce will taste its best, so you MIGHT be less likely to be tempted by processed junk. And even though summer is ending, you've got pumpkins, apples and pears to look forward to in the fall.
4. Move more during the day. Sunny summer days make it easy to break away from your desk and go outside more, but it's a good habit to have any time of year.
5. Stay hydrated. We tend to be more aware of our hydration when temperatures are high . . . but staying hydrated year-round is important to keeping your body running at its best.
So there you have it, maybe we can just put on some extra sunscreen and pretend the weather's warmer. Actually for me, we could just go back like, a month and have more Fall, I'd be okay with that.
What summer habits do you like to keep up all year?