Chance of Snow Back in the Forecast
We're doing a dipsy doodle in the weather this week. Where we saw temps in the 60's on Tuesday and Wednesday, we're back to colder weather as a chance of a few snow flurries enter the forecast.
Scattered light rain is expected to move into the area from west to east in the early afternoon with it changing over to scattered light snow between 6-7 PM. The light snow should continue into the overnight hours, moving out early Saturday morning. It is possible for roads to become a little slick for today's PM commute. As for snowfall totals, a dusting up to 0.5 inch is expected right now. The rest of the weekend into early next week should be quiet with seasonable temperatures.
Here's the forecast for the Sedalia/Warrensburg area from the National Weather Service:
TodayA slight chance of rain after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Northeast wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.TonightA chance of rain before 9pm, then a chance of rain and snow between 9pm and 5am, then a chance of rain after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Light northeast wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.SaturdayCloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 45. Light northwest wind becoming west 5 to 9 mph in the morning.Saturday NightMostly clear, with a low around 31. West wind around 6 mph.SundayMostly sunny, with a high near 56. West wind 5 to 9 mph.Sunday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 37.MondayMostly sunny, with a high near 58.Monday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 38.TuesdayA chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 30%.Tuesday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 30.WednesdayMostly sunny, with a high near 49.Wednesday NightA chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.Thanksgiving DayA chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 40%.