Spring Like Storms Possible Today
Widespread storms currently moving into the area will continue through the late morning hours. Strong winds up to 55 mph and hail up to quarter-sized are possible with these storms. We will see a break for a few hours around midday from storms. We might even see a little bit of the sun during this time. Then a second round of storms is expected this afternoon and evening. This round will be isolated to scattered, with a chance for severe weather. The greatest chance for severe weather is along and north of HWY 36. Hail up to golf ball sized, winds up to 65 mph, and a tornado or two are possible in this area. For those south of HWY 36, it'll be harder for storms to develop. If a healthy storm can develop, then 1 inch hail, 60 mph winds, and a brief tornado are possible. Minor flooding is also possible today and will likely persist into the weekend. For the weekend, subfreezing temperatures are likely for Friday through Sunday mornings.
Here's the forecast for the Sedalia/Whiteman AFB/Warrensburg area according to the National Weather Service:
ThursdayShowers and thunderstorms, mainly before 11am. High near 74. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 19 to 24 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.Thursday NightA slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10pm. Increasing clouds, with a low around 35. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 16 to 21 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.FridayCloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 43. Breezy, with a north wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.Friday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 26. North wind 6 to 10 mph.SaturdayMostly sunny, with a high near 45.Saturday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 31.SundayA chance of snow before 8am, then a chance of rain and snow between 8am and 9am, then a chance of rain after 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 40%.Sunday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 35.MondayMostly sunny, with a high near 57.Monday NightA chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Chance of precipitation is 40%.TuesdayShowers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. Chance of precipitation is 60%.Tuesday NightA chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. Chance of precipitation is 40%.WednesdayPartly sunny, with a high near 67.