So, Do You Really Know Your Feet?
Did you know by the time you're 50 years old, your feet are likely to have logged about 75,000 miles? That's about equivalent to walking around the earth three times.
WebMD published a quiz asking some questions about your feet. Let's see how much you really do know your feet.
- How many bones are in your feet? A) 14 B) 26 C) More Than 35
Answer: 26 About 25% of the bones are found in your foot.
- Where are you most likely to break bones in your foot? A) Your big toe B) Your little toe C) right in the middle of your foot
Answer: Middle of your foot. Most breaks in the foot are from a repetitive process, like running or walking. Of, course onm source of breaks in that area is from dropping something on your foot.
- Shoes that are wore by women are: A) Just Right B) Too Big C) Too Small
Answer: Too Small. For women the size can change from childbirth plus they get wider and larger as they age.
- Do babies need to wear shoes? A) Yes B) No
Answer: No Babies feet are constantly growing so they don't need anything to restrict the growth. Wait until the baby gets older
- How many years have humans been wearing shoes? A) Around 10,000 years B) Approximately 30, 000 to 40,000 years C) A Million years or longer
Answer: Approximately 30,000 to 40,000 years Even our ancestors were smart enough to know that walking around barefoot was hard on their feet.
So how did you do?