Putting Rumors to Rest About the 2020 Fair / Youth Livestock Show
There have been a lot of questions and rumors flying about regarding the 2020 Missouri State Fair since it's pivoted to a Youth Livestock Show. Hopefully this will answer your questions and put some of the rumors to rest.
- Do you need admission passes or parking passes? Not this year. Admission and parking passes are not needed by exhibitors or fair goers this year. Exhibitors who have already paid for admission / parking passes will have that money refunded in about four weeks.
- Will there be camping permitted? Yes. Campgrounds will be open for public and livestock camping. The campground line up procedure will be the same as always, starting August 7. The public camping line up can be found on the Missouri State Fair website here.
- What about golf carts? Golf cars are allowed in the camping areas, however they cannot be operated on city streets or on the fairgrounds. All golf carts will need to have a permit. Permits are $50. ATV's and UTV's are not permitted.
- Will there be concessions? There will be limited concessions offered this year. Vendors will be announced at a later date. Additionally, the Missouri State Fair Association will be holding water sales and they will also be selling official Missouri State Fair Souvenirs.
What's going on with the 4-H and the FAA Buildings?
- The 4-H Building will be open to the public from 10:00AM - 5:00PM CDT daily during the fair. It will close Sunday July 23 at 3:00PM CDT.
- The FFA Building will NOT be open to the public. FFA Building and Agriculture Mechanics entries will be accepted and judged drive-thru style in the Director’s Pavilion on August 12. FFA Building and Agriculture Mechanics exhibitors should check with their vo-ag instructor/FFA advisor or contact Jim Spencer, Jr (Jim.Spencer@dese.mo.gov) for more information.
Other Interesting Missouri State Fair Tidbits and Useful Links...
The Missouri State Fair will have full emergency services as always this year. The Fire Fighters Association of Missouri will be providing fire protection. The Missouri Disaster Medical Assistance Team will provide 24 hour EMS services. And the Missouri State Highway Patrol and security hired by the Missouri State Fair will be providing security.
The Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Hams and Grand Champion Bacon auction usually held during the Governor's Ham Breakfast will occur on Friday August 14 at Noon in the Swine Pavilion. The Sale of Champions will be held as scheduled on Saturday August 22 at 1:30PM CDT. There are virtual opportunities to watch and participate in this. More information on this can be found here.
As of this writing there are no additional COVID-19 measures in place for the Missouri State Fair. Obviously this could change by August 13 but for now here's what you need to know:
- Masks are not required, although the fair will have them for people who want them.
- Attendees are encouraged to use hand sanitizing stations and wash their hands often.
- If you feel sick please don't come to the fair.
- If you or anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19, or is awaiting test results please don't come to the fair.
- Added cleaning and sanitizing procedures have been put in place for attendees and exhibitors.
Hopefully this clears up any questions you have about the 2020 Missouri State Fair / Youth Livestock Show. The best way to keep up with the latest regarding the Missouri State Fair is to check their "Latest Scoop" page that has the latest information on the fair available to all. You can access that page here.