50% of People Who Get Divorced Regret It . . . Here Are the Top Ten Reasons
If you're married, bored, and jealous of that friend who says getting divorced was the best thing that ever happened to them, here's some good news. There's a 50/50 chance they're jealous of YOU. According to a new survey, 50% of people who get divorced end up REGRETTING it. I can't imagine what divorce must be like. But then, I've only been married the one time, and not very long at that. It's only been a few years, after all. Husbando though, he has. I'm his third Mrs. But now, he tells me that he won't get divorced again because it's just too exhausting (? Thanks?) Well, and he loves me, that helps I guess. Anyway, let's get back to the people who have been divorced and now regret it.
Here are the top ten reasons.
1. They end up missing the other person.
2. Being divorced makes them feel like a failure.
3. They realize they still love the other person.
4. They realize it was partly their fault, and they weren't being reasonable.
5. They feel lonely.
6. They suddenly realize they LIKED being married.
7. They regret it as soon as their ex starts dating someone else.
8. They thought they'd be happier on their own, but they're not.
9. They miss their kids.
10. They realize being divorced is affecting their kids in a negative way.
I don't know what I'd do if I got divorced. I guess I just can't picture it? But then, I couldn't picture what being married was like before I did it, so.... AAANNNYWAY. Let's hope I don't have to go there.
Have you gotten a divorce? Were you happy about it or do you regret it?