Would You Try These Food Combinations?
I was having a conversation this morning with Randy Kirby when the topic of food came up. Of course for Randy and myself, the topic of food comes up quite often!
He told me that he really liked eating raw cabbage. I asked him if he had ever used the cabbage as a roll-up with peanut butter and/or flavored cream cheese as the filling.
It made me think about some other combos that you may not try because of how it sounds instead of how it tastes. See what you think-
- Cheez-It crackers on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich - This one we found out on accident. Someone was eating a PB&J with Cheez-It crackers on the side and just put one in their sandwich for fun. They may have been drunk. Don't judge them. Anyway, it turned out to be delicious. It also works with Cheetos and Doritos.
- Ranch or French salad dressing on spaghetti - This one comes from someone's parent. He would mix the two with his spaghetti when he wanted more sauce. I'm not sure why he didn't just get more sauce. It definitely changes the flavor, but it's not bad. It is similar to eating pizza with ranch dressing.
- Ketchup on your eggs - This one is a little more common, but it still gets weird looks when you do it. It's somewhat of a normal thing in a lot of households. More will say salsa is better if you have it. I think Patrick Mahomes may disagree.
- Dipping a peanut butter sandwich in chili - This one comes completely from some other relatives. When they first told us we thought it was crazy. Then it was tried it. We're not sure how to explain it. If you like sweet and spicy together, you will like it.
- Fries in your ice cream - If you have not dipped fries in a Wendy's Frosty, you're doing it wrong. Stop what you're doing and go try it. We don't remember who told us to do this, but it's a game changer.
- Peanut butter and tuna salad sandwich - This one came from someone's college days. It's another flavor that's hard to explain. If you like sweet and savory, you should give it a try. The flavor of the pickles and peanut butter kind of take over the sandwich.
- Pineapple on your pizza - It's delicious and it belongs on there. Get over it!