Weird Food Combinations That Are Actually Delicious
Last week, a story came out about a gelato shop in Ireland that created ice cream with Heinz Ketchup, in Honor of Ed Sheeran. I guess he is a big fan of ketchup. Anyway, it made me think of my favorite weird food combinations. Here they are. Don't knock it until you try it.
- Cheez-It crackers on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich - This one I found out on accident. I was eating a PB&J with Cheez-It crackers on the side and just put one in my sandwich for fun. I may have been drunk. Don't judge me. Anyway, it turned out to be delicious. It also works with Cheetos and Doritos.
- Ranch or French salad dressing on spaghetti - This one comes from my dad. He would mix the two with his spaghetti when he wanted more sauce. I'm not sure why he didn't just get more sauce. It definitely changes the flavor, but it's not bad. It is similar to eating pizza with ranch dressing.
- Ketchup on your eggs - This one is a little more common, but I still get weird looks when I do it. It has always been a normal thing in my house. I will say salsa is better if you have it.
- Dipping a peanut butter sandwich in chili - This one comes completely from my mom and aunt. When they first told me I thought it was crazy. Then I tried it. I am not sure how to explain it. If you like sweet and spicy together, you will like it.
- Fries in your ice cream - If you have not dipped fries in a Wendy's Frosty, you're doing it wrong. Stop what you're doing and go try it. I don't remember who told me to do this, but it was a game changer.
- Peanut butter and tuna salad sandwich - This one came from one of my college marketing professors. We were in a class and he told us about the combination. It is another flavor that is hard to explain. If you like sweet and savory, you should give it a try. The flavor of the pickles and peanut butter kind of take over the sandwich.
- Pineapple on your pizza - It's delicious and it belongs on there. Get over it!