SFCC One of Six Missouri Colleges and Universities to Receive Grants to Expand Nursing Education Programs
State Fair Community College has been named as one of six universities and colleges to receive grants to help train more healthcare professionals in Missouri.
More than $800,00 in grants were awarded by the Department of Higher Education and the Missouri Board of Nursing, which provides funding for the grant program.
The 2017 grant recipients are:
· Columbia College – $150,000
· Crowder College, Neosho – $ 98,478
· Jefferson College, Hillsboro – $150,000
· State Fair Community College, Sedalia – $149,730
· University of Missouri-Kansas City – $150,000
· Webster University, St. Louis – $112,013
The goal of the program is to increase the number of nurses in Missouri, especially in areas where a shortage of health care professionals exists. The funds will be used to add faculty and develop new programs so that more students can study nursing.
The recipients were selected by the Missouri Board of Nursing and the Department of Higher Education through a competitive application process.