SAFM Offering Modified Walk Up Market this Friday
The Sedalia Area Farmer's Market will operate as a modified walk-up market starting Friday, June 5. As of May 1 the SAFM was a drive-thru market in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to a news release from the SAFM, Brenda Raetz, Market Manager stated:
"We are not going back to business as usual, but we’re excited to work with the Pettis County Health Department and Missouri State Fair to be able to offer a walk-up market."
Some of the guidelines that are being asked of the customers this Friday include-
- Social distancing of six feet or more - Essential to be able to offer this market format
- One shopper if at all possible from each household
- Masks are not required, but encouraged
- Frequent hand sanitizing and handwashing will also be essential, and stations for such will be provided
- Customers will be asked to point at, rather than touch, the items they wish to purchase and each vendor will serve them individually
It is asked that a lot of patience, respect, kindness, and good humor should be had from customers as all involved with the Sedalia Area Farmer's Market adapt to yet another new format.
Farmers markets are both an essential food source for customers, and an essential income source for local farmers and vendors. The market is located at the Missouri State Fairgrounds disabled parking lots inside the colorful Historic Old Main Gate just off of 16th Street across from Pummill’s Sporting Goods. Customers can expect to find locally grown vegetables, fruits, eggs, meats, homemade baked goods, a variety of prepared and ethnic foods, handmade soaps, and other products.
For information on how to pre-order/pre-pay and pick up, visit www.sedaliaareafarmersmarket.com or the market’s Facebook page.