Eight Places Kids Can Get Free Lunches In Sedalia This Summer
Food insecurity is a problem. There are people in our city who are struggling, and sometimes working two to three jobs to make ends meet. A lot of times, they have to reach out for help. The Open Door, the Sedalia Parks and Rec, and churches in the local area are helping out. Nobody wants to see a hungry kid this summer. Having said it, here are places the kids can go so they don't have to skip lunch.
1. The Open Door, 417 West Pettis, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
2. Katy Trail Community Health, 821 Westwood Drive, 11:00 a.m. to Noon.
3. Centennial Park, 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
4. Liberty Park, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
5. Vermont Park, 12:00 p.m. to 12:15 p.m.
6. Washington Elementary School, 610 S Engineer Ave, 12:45 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
7. St Patrick's Church, 415 East 4th, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
8. Housel Park, 11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
Does your church or organization have a free lunch program? Tell me about it in the comments and let's get the word out!