11 Photos of Your Dogs and 1Cute Cat Photo
Wednesday, March 23, was National Puppy Day, and I asked you to show us a photo of your fur baby, puppy or not on our Facebook page. A big thank you to those who submitted a photo of their cute fur baby. If you haven't thought about getting a pet for yourself or your family there are some benefits to pet ownership you should know about.
According to WebMD, there are some great benefits of pet ownership:
- Kids who grow up with furry pets, or large farm animals are less susceptible to allergies and asthma, as well as eczema.
- Dogs are a natural conversation starter and can help ease those who are shy or suffer from social isolation to come out of their shell.
- For those seniors and the elderly, pets can provide companionship and exercise. Additionally, Alzheimer's patients in a home with a pet have less anxious outbursts.
- Caregivers of the elderly also felt less burdened when there's a pet, especially a cat, in the household.
- Pets have also been shown to help people lower their stress levels, lower their blood pressure, and even boost their levels of serotonin and dopamine which have pleasurable and calming properties.
If you're ready for a pet, why not see what furry friends are available at the Sedalia Animal Shelter or the Old Drum Animal Shelter.
- Check out adoptable pets from the Sedalia Animal Shelter
- Check out adoptable pets from the Old Drum Animal Shelter
Keep on scrolling to check out Eleven Cute Pups, and One Cute Cat picture you sent us!