10 Signs That You Might Be From a Small Town in Missouri
Missouri. The Show-Me State. The Cave State. The home of the St. Louis Cardinals, Kansas City Chiefs, and the Missouri Tigers. Our state has a few large cities, and a bunch of rural communities. I'm from a small town in Missouri. If you're reading this, chances are you are, too. Here are ten signs that you probably grew up in a small town in Missouri...or maybe Missour-uh (depending on which part of the state you're from).
- Your mom struggled every morning to get you out of bed. But if it snowed you were up and listening to the radio at 5 a.m. to find out if school was closed.
- You have counted the number of deer you saw during your trip down the highway.
- You've been on vacation, told another vacationer where you're from, and then rolled your eyes when they made a lame joke about "misery."
- That same vacationer then asked you about St. Louis-style pizza, and you didn't know what it was, either.
- You've tried to spot Momo the Missouri Monster.
- You have watched someone become enraged because more than one town scheduled their City Wide Garage Sale on the same day.
- Your family picks apples in the fall, blackberries in the summer, and visits a pumpkin patch every Halloween.
- You've had to wrangle a live rabbit, or try to get a goldfish home without spilling him, after winning a game at the fair.
- Every summer you challenged yourself to peel off as much sunburn as possible in one long strip.
- The first time you learned your radio had an AM dial was when you got grounded and couldn't go to the football game on Friday night.