You Need to Know This if You’re Going to an S-C Athletic Event
With the onset of COVID-19 in the area last year, many events that normally would be attended either were cancelled or they were modified. High school sports were impacted not only for the coaches and players but also for the spectators.
According to Smith-Cotton Activities Director, Rob Davis, guidelines have been set for winter athletic events at S-C. According to Davis these are the spectator guidelines:
High School Basketball, High School Wrestling
- Attendance is limited to two people per player/cheerleader/coach participating in the event.
- CMAC passes #1 and #2 will be accepted for conference games.
- For non-conference games, the Athletic Director of the visiting school will be sent a PDF copy of an entry pass and will provide each participant attending with 2 copies for them to distribute.
- Entry Passes (conference and non-conference) allow the bearer purchasing rights for admission. It is not for free entry.
- Staff members from either school must have an entry pass to purchase a ticket and enter.
- Only staff members and administrators working the game will be admitted without an entry pass. Please have your ID available.
- There will be no student sections at indoor events. ● Masks, gaiters, or other appropriate face covering is mandatory for spectators at all times.
- Distancing of at least six feet is required except for when you are seated with members of your household.
- Congregating in common areas is prohibited.
- There is no re-entry at events. Once you leave you may not re-enter.
- Concessions will not be available.
● At this time only team personnel and event staff are allowed at swimming events. Our swimming venue does not provide enough room for social distancing of spectators.