Ready for Football This Weekend and Next at Walton Stadium?
Are you ready for some football? Spring football. The University of Central Missouri Mules will face off against two teams from the Northern Sun Conference.
The Mules are set to host Augustana Sioux Falls this Saturday afternoon, April 17, and Northern State from Aberdeen on Saturday April 24th. Both games will start at Noon at Walton Stadium.
Mules Football Coach Jim Svoboda says:
We feel very fortunate to have two quality programs in Augustana and Northern State agree to come to Warrensburg and allow our players, after 16 months, to face some outside competition. This situational practice and scrimmage will have the multi faceted objective of providing our players with some long awaited outside competition and will also go a long way in helping us evaluate and develop our younger players. While it will not be a game as such, I feel Mule Nation will still be able to get a good preview of the 2021 edition of Mules football. We encourage as many fans as possible to attend.
The Mules were set to play Washburn and Northwest Missouri State in back to back exhibition games this past November. COVID-19 scuttled both the Mules games against Washburn and Northwest Missouri State.
At the time Coach Svboda said the cancelled season yanked from players, many of them who had played football for years hurt a lot.
The Mules are set to play full schedule in the fall of 2021. Here is the team's schedule:
- Thursday September 2 vs. Pittsburg State
- Thursday September 9 @ Washburn
- Saturday September 18 vs. Northwest Missouri
- Saturday September 25 vs. Nebraska Kearney (Family Day)
- Saturday October 2 @ Northeastern State
- Saturday October 9 vs. Emporia State
- Saturday October 16 @ Missouri Southern
- Saturday October 23 vs. Fort Hays State (Homecoming)
- Saturday October 30 @ Lincoln
- Saturday November 6 @ Missouri Western
- Saturday November 13 vs. Central Oklahoma