Lane Closures Scheduled for I-70 Near I-435 This Week
The Missouri Department of Transportation has changed some of the details regarding various lane and ramp closures along Interstate 70 near I-435 this week beginning Monday, March 30 through Friday, April 3. At times, portions of I -70 will be reduced to ONE LANE. There will also be a rolling slow down on Thursday, April 2. This work will have impacts on traffic. All work is weather permitting.
- The right lane of eastbound and westbound I-70 will be CLOSED at I-435 for bridge construction from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on both Thursday, April 2 and Friday, April 3.
- Both eastbound and westbound I-70 will be REDUCED TO ONE LANE at I-435 for bridge construction OVERNIGHT from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following mornings on both Wednesday, April 1 and Thursday, April 2.
- There will be a rolling slow down in ALL directions at the I-70 and I-435 interchange beginning at approximately 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 2. This will only last about 5 minutes.
- NEW: The ramp from southbound I-435 to westbound I-70 will be CLOSED for pavement marking operations OVERNIGHT on Wednesday, April 1, and Thursday, April 2 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following mornings.
- NEW: The westbound I-70 off ramp to Manchester Trafficway will be CLOSED for pavement marking operations OVERNIGHT on Wednesday, April 1, and Thursday, April 2 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following mornings.
For potential impacts to traffic, please review KC Scout cameras at http://www.kcscout.net or consult our real-time traffic partner, WAZE.
This is all part of a new interchange design being built at I-435 and I-70. The new design will be a partial turbine configuration. Improvements include full bridge replacements, removal of left exits, improvements to loop ramp configuration, and congestion relief. This project will have significant impacts on traffic for two full construction seasons and is scheduled to be complete by Dec. 2020. For more information about this project, visit our website. Please be patient and considerate to your fellow motorists. Use the zipper merge and take turns at merge points. Please remember that all work zones are NO PHONE ZONES. Buckle up. Phone down. Arrive Alive.
Motorists are reminded to slow down and pay attention while driving in work zones. Not all work zones look alike. Work zones can be moving operations, such as striping, patching or mowing. They can also be short term, temporary lane closures to make quick repairs or remove debris from the roadway.
For more information about MoDOT news, projects or events, please visit our website at www.modot.mo.gov/kansascity. For instant updates, follow MoDOT_KC on Twitter, or share posts and comments on our Facebook at www.facebook.com/MoDOT.KansasCity. MoDOT Kansas City maintains more than 7,000 miles of state roadway in nine counties. Sign up online for work zone updates or call 888-ASK-MODOT (275-6636).