Johnson County Reduces COVID-19 Quarantine Restrictions
The following release was received by Townsquare Media Sedalia / Warrensburg from Johnson Country Community Health Services.
Johnson County Community Health Services (JCCHS) has reduced quarantine restrictions for anyone who may have been exposed to COVID-19. The time required for a close contact to quarantine is reduced from 14 to 10 days.
- Quarantine can end after day 10 without testing if no symptoms have been reported, and the individual continues to wear a mask.
- End to quarantine after the completion of 10 full days for ASYMPTOMATIC individuals, provided that monitoring continues throughout the full 14 days. If symptoms develop, the individual should contact a public health authority or healthcare provider immediately.
- Johnson County has a seven percent positivity rate, and is identified as a Level 3 County: Serious Risk Category. This is defined in the state’s Public Health Warning released by the Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS).
- DHSS strongly encourages local communities to consider a tiered-approach that includes reduced quarantine restrictions when the local community is within a County Action Plan Level 3 status or better.
- County Action Plan Levels are defined in the state’s Public Health Warning, and may be reviewed here: https://health.mo.gov/living/healthcondiseases/communicable/novel-coronavirus/pdf/advisory-20201119.pdf.