The Ten Most Common Complaints at Restaurants
It's amazing we all go out to eat 13 times a week, considering we HATE it so much. A new survey asked people for their biggest complaints about restaurants, and we nitpick EVERYTHING.
I mean, not to say that complaints aren't necessary sometimes. I know at least here locally, a lot of our restaurants try their best and often have great results. For me, if something's dirty, I can't take that. You can't see inside the kitchen at most restaurants, but here are four signs it might not be clean: The outside of the restaurant is filthy . . . the bathrooms are dirty . . . the servers touch money and serve food without washing their hands . . . and they use the same dirty rag to clean tables, menus, and condiments.
So here's some of the complaints from the survey:
1. Dirty utensils or a dirty table . . . that was a complaint for 76% of us.
2. Dirty bathrooms, 73%.
3. Rude or condescending servers, 72%.
4. Servers with poor hygiene or a sloppy look, 67%.
5. Meals served at the wrong temperature, 66%.
6. Being served something you didn't order, 62%.
7. Feeling rushed to finish or leave by the server, 61%.
8. The server taking away your plate before you finish, 59%.
9. Food that doesn't look or taste as good as it's described in the menu, 54%.
10. Slow service, 51%.
A few things that finished just outside of the top 10 are tables that are too close together, not enough nutritional info available, too much nutritional info available, and automatic gratuities. I do agree with most of those. But I don't experience them a lot. I could never be a server or a waiter. I'd forget everything and drop half of it while somehow making everyone extremely angry with me. I'd never get tips. Luckily for me, I have a job.