Things That Have Changed in Sedalia Since I Came Here Three Years Ago
It's hard to believe, but it was three years ago this month that I started working with the radio stations in Sedalia. I started thinking about what's different around town from when I first arrived.
- No more Bluelight Specials at Kmart, but there are two new Dollar General stores.
- Grocery shoppers said goodbye to Bing's.
- It's OK to shop with your pets at Petsmart!
- You can now order drive-thru coffee from Scooters' tiny little building.
- TJ Maxx is here, but Goody's is gone.
- First United Methodist Church was destroyed by fire.
- Eddie's Drive In came down, AFC Urgent Care went up.
- Dickie Doo Bar-b-cue is now The Doo Southside Pub & Grill.
- Radio Shack closed (although you can still order Radio Shack products online).
- Buffalo Wild Wings gave away a bunch of free wings during their grand opening.
- If you want to listen to the Missouri Tigers on the radio, you now listen on KSIS.
- You can no longer drive up to Warrensburg to kill some time at Hastings.
- We got a Kohl's, Hobby Lobby, and Harbor Freight (but are still waiting on Target).
- The Liberty Center was renovated. They put up an awesome new sign out front.
- If you want to go bowling, you now have to go out of town.
I'm sure there are probably many more things that could be added to this list. It seems like there's always something coming to town, or leaving. What have I missed?