The Sedalia Fire Department was called to a house on fire in the 600 block of East 24th Street on Wednesday morning at 7:54 a.m.

The first arriving unit arrived at 7:58 a.m., and upon arrival, crews had smoke and fire showing at the rear of the residence.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish this fire with no injuries to fire personnel or occupants. The origin of the fire was outside the residence in a bucket used to extinguish smoking material.

Get our free mobile app

The fire caught a chair next to it on fire as well. The combination of this fire found its way inside the home through the dryer vent. There was minimal damage to the inside of the home, with moderate damage to the outside portion of the home.
Fire units cleared the scene around 8:24 a.m., and the roadway was reopened.

The fire was called in by a passerby, according to Fire Chief Matt Irwin.

More From KIX 105.7