Frequently Asked Questions From Sedalia Visitors
If you were going to visit Sedalia for the first time, what would you want to know? Carolyn Crooker, executive director of the Sedalia Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, shared some of the common (and a few of the not-so-common) questions her office has received from visitors.
• Where’s a good place to eat?
• Do you recommend any hotels?
• Are there any hotels within walking distance of the MO State Fairgrounds?
• Directions to just about everything.
• Directions to the AMTRAK station especially.
• Phone number for the license bureau.
• Phone number for the local Social Security Office.
• Directions for traveling east on the Katy Trail.
• New resident questions about housing, jobs, schools, etc.
• What is Sedalia’s main industry?
• When was the Katy Depot built?
• What is going on with the Trust Building?
• What is the B-2?
• Where is Whiteman AFB?
• What are the hours for the Bothwell Lodge?
• What happened to the Katy Bear?
• Where is the Pettis County Historical Museum?
• State fair dates, admission fees, grandstand acts.
• When bringing young children to Sedalia what is available to entertain them any day of the week?
• If we get off the Amtrak what is there to do for a few hours within walking distance?
• Is there a shuttle from the Amtrak station?
• When riding Amtrak to Sedalia is there a bus running South to Springfield?