What Decade Had the Best Music? [POLL]
On Sunday night, I had a moment where I actually thought I was an old man. As I sat watching the Billboard Music Awards, I remember mumbling multiple old man phrases to myself. Things like, "This music is garbage," "Does anyone really like this?" and "They're clearly lip syncing their performance."
Quickly after the Billboard Music Awards ended, I came to the conclusion that I'm not an old man, new music just really is that bad. I ended up having a heated argument with a few people about what generation had the best music. I made a case for the '60s, but I want you to tell me which decade had the best music.
To help you out, I will list a few bands from each decade. I will end up leaving many out, but you will get the point. Of course, you will have some bands that crossed into multiple generations.
- '50s: Elvis, Nat King Cole, Johnny Cash, Ella Fitzgerald, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra Hank Williams, Conway Twitty, Patsy Cline, and Little Richard.
- '60s: The Beatles, James Brown, The Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Smokey Robinson, Ray Charles, Bobby Bare, George Jones and Otis Redding.
- '70s: Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Marvin Gaye, Queen, Black Sabbath, Fleetwood Mac, Kiss, Al Green, Chicago, Jerry Reed, Johnny Paycheck and The Who.
- '80s: Blondie, Michael Jackson, Prince, Lionel Richie, Phil Collins, Van Halen, Billy Ocean, Guns N' Roses, Whitney Houston, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Randy Travis and John Cougar.
- '90s: Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, Radiohead, Alice in Chains, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, *NSYNC, Spice Girls, Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks, Kenny Chesney and Hanson.
- '00s: You will have to make your own case for this.... It will fall under the "Other" category.
Thanks for participating!