Warrensburg Police Conduct Alcohol Compliance Check, Several Businesses Caught Selling to Minors
The Warrensburg Police Department and the University of Central Missouri’s Department of Public Safety conducted alcohol compliance checks of local businesses that possess a liquor license on Aug. 18, 2013. Underage buyers working under the supervision of local law enforcement went into businesses that possesses a liquor license and attempted to purchase alcoholic beverages. The purpose of compliance checks is to assess the level of availability of alcohol to minors within the community and prevent the sale of alcohol to minors.
The following businesses did not sell to the under 21 aged minor(s) used in this set of compliance checks:
- BILO, 410 East Young Street
- Breakplace, 250 East Cooper Drive
- Shelby’s, 303 North Maguire Street
- Short Stop, 801 East Hale Lake Road
- Wal-Mart, 301 East Cooper Drive
- Casey’s North, 602 East Young Street
- Walgreens, 621 North Maguire Street
- Quick Stop North, 312 North Maguire Street
- Discount Smokes & Liquor South, 1034 South Maguire
- Aldi’s, 423 East Young Street
- Casey’s South, 1118 South Ridgeview Drive
- Wine 101, 120 East Cooper Blvd., Suite D
The following businesses sold alcohol to the underage minor(s):
- Woods Supermarket, 1047 South Maguire Street: Employee, Staci Lynn McClendon, was arrested for one count of sale of alcohol to a minor.
- Breaktime, 701 South Maguire Street: Employee, Jacob Bradley Hibdon, was arrested for one count of sale of alcohol to a minor.
- Discount Smokes & Liquor North, 501 North Maguire Street, #B: Employee, Jesse Michael Gafford, was arrested for one count of sale of alcohol to a minor.
- Warrensburg Shell, 221 East Young Street: Employee, Yvonne Decarlos Crockett, was arrested for one count of sale of alcohol to a minor.
This press release provided by the Warrensburg Police Department.