Top 5 ’80s Guilty Pleasures [VIDEOS]
No matter how old your are, everyone can appreciate some good ’80s rock music. The ’80s tribute band Members Only will play at Dukes and Boots on Friday, April 26, and you have the chance to win free tickets.
To get you ready for the show, here are some of the best ’80s guilty pleasure songs.
5. Here I Go Again – Whitesnake. “Here I Go Again” is a true ’80s classic.The song went to number one in the U.S., U.K., and Canada. It’s the perfect song for anyone feel independent and ready to take on the word. It was vote number 17th on VH1′s 2006 list of greatest songs of the ’80s. It was originally released in 1982 on the ‘Sinners & Saints’ album and re-released in 1987.
4. Welcome To The Jungle – Guns N Roses. Everyone who loves ’80s hair bands sang the lines “Welcome To The Jungle” in their best high pitched Axl Rose voice. “Welcome to the Jungle” debuted on ‘Appetite for Destruction’ in 1987. In 2009, “Welcome to the Jungle” was voted the greatest hard rock song of all time by VH1.
3. I Wanna Rock – Twisted Sister. Whether you’re singing “I Wanna Rock” in your Dee Snider voice or hear your kids screaming “I’m A Goofy Goober” in their SpongeBob voice, everyone knows “I Wanna Rock.” It came out in 1984 on the Twisted Sister album ‘Stay Hungry.’
2. Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey. It does not matter when you were born, everyone knows “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey. You can be in your car, at the bar, in the office or at a sporting even,t everyone knows the story of a “small town girl, livin’ in lonely world.” It was originally released in 1981 on the ‘Escape’ album.
1. Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi. Everyone yell at the top of their lungs now: “OhhOhOhh LIVIN’ ON A PRAYAR!” Released in 1986 as the second single from ‘Slippery When Wet’ it has became Bon Jovi’s signature song. This timeless ’80s song is popular with the soccer moms who grew listening to Bon Jovi to their kids playing video games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero.
So, what’s your ’80s guilty pleasure? Leave your favorites in the comments below.