Get the Kids Active with SFCC Summer Sports
Kids, I know that we’re all busy. You work, you have to take care of your family, you have to tend to your friends, and you certainly have to be sure to get some time in with the pets. So when it comes to the summer, sometimes it’s really easy to just take the easy way out and send the children to the pool. And that’s great, don’t get me wrong. But sometimes you need something else to capture their interest. Something active. Something where they’re learning things and interacting with other kids, and having fun. So why not sign your kids up for a few of the summer sports out at State Fair Community College? They’ve got a lot to choose from, as you can see.
- Roadrunners basketball camp for grades 3-12 will meet from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 10-12. Cost is $95 per person. Emphasis will be on improving basketball skills and having fun. Campers will be organized into age groups.
- A shooting camp for boys and girls in grades 3-12 will meet from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 13 and 9 a.m. to noon June14. Cost is $50. Campers will learn proper shooting form, and each camper will receive a personal shot evaluation to help improve shooting ability.
- Lady Roadrunners girls basketball camp will be held June 17-20. Grades 3-7 will meet from 9-11:30 a.m. and grades 8-12 from 1-3:30 p.m. Cost is $70. Emphasis will be on improving basketball fundamentals and having fun.
- •Lady Roadrunners Mother-Daughter Pajama-Rama Overnight basketball camp for girls in grades 3-12 and their moms will be held from 6:30 p.m. June 21 to 1 p.m. June 22. Cost is $60.
- Pee wee basketball camp for boys and girls in grades Pre K- grade 3 (ages 4-8) will meet from 9-11:30 a.m. June 24-26. Cost is $50 per child on or before June 14, or $55 after that date. Children will learn the fundamentals of ball handling, including how to pass, dribble and catch a basketball.
- The SFCC Spirit Squad will host a youth cheerleading camp from 1-4 p.m. July 8-10 for students in grades K-8. Cost is $40. The camp will include individual instruction on cheerleading fundamentals, including cheers, dance, stunts, and stunt safety. Instructors will be Spirit Squad Coach Dana Page and current and former SFCC Spirit Squad members.
Complete information and registration forms are available online at sfccmo.edu/sportscamp. Applications also may be picked up at the Davis Center office or at Pummill’s Sporting Goods and returned to State Fair Community College, Davis Multipurpose Center, 3201 W. 16th. For more information, call Winnie Craig at (660) 530-5808, or e-mail email@example.com.
So get ’em out there and start building some summer memories!