Five Must-Hear Songs Before ‘An Evening with Thom Shepherd and Friends’ at Dukes and Boots
Thom Shepherd, Wynn Varble, and Coley McCabe are few of country music’s best song writers. They have written some of country music’s most popular songs over the years. All three will perform in an acoustic storytelling concert at Dukes and Boots on Jan. 30 at 7:30 p.m.
Here are five songs fans must hear before attending the show. These songs were written by the songwriters you’ll see at Dukes & Boots on Jan. 30. Don’t forget to join our event page on Facebook for more details.
1. “A Little More Country Than That” was written by Wynn Varble. The song was made famous by Easten Corbin in 2009, on his self titled album, ‘Easton Corbin.’ The video currently has well over 9,000,000 views on YouTube.
2. “Redneck Yacht Club” was written by Thom Shepherd. The song was made famous by Craig Morgin in 2005, on the album ‘My Kind of Livin.’ The song quickly became a summertime favorite and currently has over 5,000,000 views on YouTube.
3. “Waitin’ On A Woman” was written by Wynn Varble. Brad Paisley made the song a hit in 2008, on his album ’5th Gear.’ The video co-stars famous actor Andy Griffith and has over 5,000,000 views on YouTube.
4. “Riding With Private Malone” was written by Thom Shepherd. David Ball released the song in 2001, on his album ‘Amigo.’ The heart-warming story about a Vietnam war soldier and his 1966 Chevrolet Corvette reached the 2nd spot on Billboard’s Top Country Songs chart in 2001, and the video has over 1,000,000 views on YouTube.
5. “Luck 4 You (Tonight I’m Just Me)” was written by Coley McCabe. The song was released by SHeDAISY in 2000 on the group’s debut album, ‘The Whole SHeBANG.’ The song was the groups 4th single and the video has over 90,000 views on YouTube.
Tickets are just $7 and can be purchased online by clicking the button below.