Community Santa Prepares for Final Week of Registering Families In Need
The Community Santa program in Sedalia has reached its last week of registering families that are in need of Christmas assistance. This program benefits not only families in need, but the elderly and handicapped as well. It works with the other social services agencies in Pettis County and all donations are used to help as many as possible.
“Last Monday and Tuesday were huge for registering families,” said Community Santa Executive Director Carol McMillan. “We’re anticipating that we’ll have more that are in need coming in this entire week.”
McMillan said that more people have already signed up than last year, and that means more donations will be needed into the Community Santa Baskets. “While the toy donations started to come in, a big demand this year is bikes,” McMillan said. “I’m having trouble finding 24″ and 26″ bikes, so if you have one that you’d like to part with to give as a gift, give me a call.”
McMillan is grateful towards everyone who took the time to donate gifts over the Thanksgiving weekend. You can drop them off at one of 30 locations:
- The Community Santa House in the State Fair Shopping Center
- First Christian Church, 200 S. Limit Ave.
- First United Methodist Church Celebration Center, 1701 W. 32nd St.
- Third National Bank, 301 W. Broadway Blvd.
- American College of Hair Design, 125 Winchester Road
- Bichsel Jewelers, 770 Winchester Road
- Big Lots, Thompson Hills Shopping Center
- Boonslick Library, 219 W. Third St.
- Brian’s Gym, State Fair Shopping Center
- Bryant Motors, 2901 S. Limit Ave.
- Center Stage Academy of the Performing Arts, 2400 S. Limit Ave.
- Sedalia City Hall, 200 S. Osage Ave.
- Curves, State Fair Shopping Center
- Dugan’s Paint and Flooring, 3103 Erika Ave.
- Daisy Dukes & Cowboy Boots, 21746 W. Highway 50
- Inter-State Studio & Publishing Company, 3500 Snyder Ave.
- Kirlin’s Hallmark Cards, State Fair Shopping Center
- KXKX/KSIS/KSDL, 2209 S. Limit Ave.
- Reader’s World Book Store, State Fair Shopping Center
- Reece & Nichols, 3206 W. 16th St.
- Sedalia Democrat, 700 S. Massachusetts Ave.
- Septagon, 113 E. Third St.
- Simmons First National Bank, Thompson Hills Shopping Center
- Spencer’s Orthodonics, 1716 W. 11th St.; Starline Inc.
- 1300 W. Henry St.; Stone Laser Imaging, 209 S. Ohio Ave.
- U.S. Bank, 116 W. 4th St., 2102 W. Broadway Blvd. and 3615 W. Broadway Blvd.
- Walgreens, 801 S. Limit Ave.
- Walmart, 3201 W. Broadway Blvd.
If you have any questions, you’re encouraged to call 660-473-2408.