15 Advantages to Being in a Commited Relationship in Your Early 20s
You’re 21, ready to tackle life and…committed? Yes! It can work, and this post is to all you young ladies out there who are scared or need reassurance that it is okay to be “tied down” and love it! Also for the ladies who are single and not sure if it is right for you right now. It can be great! Some people say being in a serious relationship right now is a waste of time, but i couldn’t disagree more.
I have been with my boyfriend for almost two years now and go to college. We both have full time jobs, a social life and still manage to have a great relationship. We have gone on many road trips, gone to music festivals and been out to parties with friends, like any college student. We just happen to experience these things together since we are in a relationship.
Being with him has helped me with many things, including having more time to excel in school and focus on my career. You ask how? Because I haven’t had to waste my time worrying about that guy texting me back or if I will ever fall in love.
I just want every girl to know that it is okay to take that chance. Here are 15 reasons from other women who are in successful committed relationships in their 20’s.
- You can still have fun like a single person does, like going out with friends, all the while getting the benefits of a long-term significant other. Also, you have found what most people look for their whole lives: someone that gets you.
- You’re significant other is there for you and loves you during the time you are growing and becoming who you want to be.
- Relationships are so much better than a casual fling. The laughter is deeper, the affection is way stronger and you are constantly reassured of your talents and aspirations.
- Your family won’t keep bugging you to meet someone, they will have already known him and love him. Also, you have that special someone to take to all the family gatherings.
- While friends are telling you about all the immature guys they meet on dating apps or at college parties, you don’t have to deal with jerks on a weekly basis. At the end of the day, someone will always be there waiting for you.
- Monogamy equals reduced risk of STDs. Win.
- You teach each other many new things, adventure together, and tackle different challenges together.
- You don’t have the pressure of moving too quickly. You can take it slow. you have later in life to get married.
- It is great to always have a drunken dance partner who will look out for you or you look out for him (I usually am looking out for him), and to get each other home in one piece.
- Even when you’re without makeup and wearing sweats, he makes you feel beautiful. Its like a best friend and lover all in one awesome package.
- Doing those boring humdrum things like going grocery shopping or homework becomes instantly more fun with a partner right by your side.
- You have a support system during the years after college when close friends could be across the country or way too busy.
- You can stay home without feeling the pressure to go out and about. On the nights you do go out, you don’t have to be fake and sweet to the really drunken guys at the bar or party because he’s with you. It’s a win-win situation every time!
- You help push each each other to become better people, recognize each one’s flaws and have someone there to remind you they love every single part of you.
- Lastly, when your single friends tell you that they can’t find a nice, normal guy and wish they had someone like yours, you can feel lucky and blessed to have found someone so wonderful like him.