10 Reasons to Hate Valentine’s Day
The always dreaded Valentine's Day (or as some like to call it, Singles Awareness Day), is fast approaching. People have good reasons to not like Valentine's Day, but no worries, because 92.3 BOB-FM and Better Country KIX 105 are hosting their Stupid Cupid Party on Saturday, Feb. 15 from 7-11 p.m. at Friendly's Tavern. Come share the reasons that you hate Valentine's Day with others who share your hatred!
Here are the top 5 reasons women hate Valentine's Day:
- Too Many Emotions - No one should ever eat that much junk food, cry so many tears, and watch so many sappy romantic comedies. Ever.
- Tick tick tick... - It’s an annual reminder that your ovaries are wasting away.
- Awful Movies - The worst of the worst romantic comedies are shown on TV. Who actually wants to watch Valentine's Day?
- Bad Gifts - You can pretty much guarantee that you will be disappointed by the gift you receive from your significant other.
- The competition between friends - Whether it's a competition between whose was worse or whose was better, we all have that one friend who tries to make their story outshine yours.
The top 5 reasons men hate Valentine's Day:
- $$$ - You should never have to spend that much money on flowers that are going to die within a week and chocolate that you won't get eat any of.
- Chick Flicks - After coming back from dinner your boo thang is going to want to curl up on the couch and watch the horrible romantic comedies. If you're lucky, maybe she'll spare you.
- High Expectations - You know that the expectations are high for this night, and no matter how hard you try, it won't be good enough. Don't let it get to you!
- Planning - If you don't make a reservation at least a month in advance, good luck finding somewhere to take her. You might as well just convince her to settle for a date at McDonald's.
- Faker Friends - There is always that one friend who pretends to not give a care in the world about Valentine's Day, until the actual day is there and their whole everything is about their lover.
All in all, if you have to have one day out of the year to show your significant other how you really feel about them, you should probably take a look at how your relationship is really doing. We'll see you at the Stupid Cupid Party on Feb. 15 at Friendly's Tavern!